1.2. “Personal Information” is information we hold which is identifiable as being about you.
2. COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION2.1. Best Nannies may collect and use the following kinds of information:
(a) information about your use of the Website (including operating system; version and language; pages viewed while browsing the Website; page access times; and referring website address);
(b) information about your personal details (including, but not limited to, name; membership options; phone contact details; address information; email; date of birth; username; password; and payment information);
(c) information about the kinds of services that you are purchasing through the Website (including the type, quantity, price range and how often you make purchases).
2.2. Personal Information and your personal details may be collected from you in a variety of ways, including but not limited to: when you register for the services; when you interact with Best Nannies electronically or in person; when you access the Website; and when Best Nannies provides services to you.
3. USE AND DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION3.1. Best Nannies may use your Personal Information to:
(a) enable your access to the Website;
(b) provide to you the services that you purchase or request as a customer;
(c) track usage and measure traffic statistics of the Website;
(d) receive and/or access information from third party providers for the provision of our services to you;
(e) contact you regarding your use of the services or services offered by Best Nannies;
(f) contact you in relation to comments, complaints, enquiries or dispute resolution;
(g) collect payments from you;
(h) communicate with third party providers or associate parties with respect to the provision of the services;
(i) send you regular updates by email or by post on relevant matters;
(j) send you marketing communications; and
(k) .use the information internally to help us improve our services and help resolve any problems.
3.2. Best Nannies will not disclose Personal Information about you, unless it is required, incidental or otherwise related to the primary purpose of providing services to you or a third party for which you have consented to by engaging Best Nannies’ services, or using the Website. However, Best Nannies may disclose your Personal Information to its business partners who assist in providing services to you as a customer.
3.3. Best Nannies in its sole discretion, may disclose your Personal Information to the extent that it is required to do so by law, in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings, and in order to establish, exercise or defend its legal rights.
3.4. You acknowledge that in providing the services to you, Best Nannies is providing you with facilities to deal with third parties directly. You warrant that any personal information that you provide directly to third parties through your use of the services is at your own risk and Best Nannies holds no liability to you in respect to same.
3.5. Best Nannies is not liable for how a third party uses your Personal Information if the Personal Information has been disclosed in accordance with this policy.
4. DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION OVERSEAS4.1. Best Nannies will transfer Personal Information to someone who is in a foreign country where:
(a) Best Nannies reasonably believes that the recipient of the information is subject to a law, binding scheme or contract which effectively upholds principles for fair handling of the information that are substantially similar to the Australian Privacy Principles;
(b) the transfer is required for Best Nannies to provide you the services you requested;
(c) all of the following apply:
(i) the transfer is for your benefit;
(ii) it is impracticable to obtain your consent to that transfer; and
(iii) if it were practicable to obtain such consent, you would be likely to give it; or
(d) Best Nannies has taken reasonable steps to ensure that the information which it has transferred will not be held, used or disclosed by the recipient of the information inconsistently with the Australian Privacy Principles.
5. SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION5.1. It is important that you advise Best Nannies of changes to your Personal Information that you have provided to Best Nannies as it is essential that your Personal Information is accurate, complete, and up-to-date in order for Best Nannies to provide services to you.
5.2. Best Nannies uses reasonable technical precautions and has implemented business processes to protect your Personal Information from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification and disclosure. However Best Nannies is not liable for any unauthorised access to, or dissemination of, this information.
5.3. Best Nannies will take all reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify Personal Information if it is no longer needed for the purposes of providing our services to you and where Best Nannies is not required to retain that information by law.
5.4. For the avoidance of doubt, Best Nannies will under no circumstances sell, trade, rent or otherwise transfer your Personal Information to any third party if that Personal Information is not de-identified, except in accordance with this policy.
6. ACCESS TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION6.1. You are responsible to ensure that the information you provide to Best Nannies is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
6.2. By request, you may contact Best Nannies at email@example.com and ask to know what sort of Personal Information is held about you, for what purposes, and how it is collected, held, used and disclosed and you may also request access to the information held. Best Nannies may charge, in its discretion, a reasonable administration fee for this access.
6.3. Best Nannies in its sole discretion may consider that there is a sound reason under the Privacy Act, Freedom of Information Act 1982 (Cth) or other relevant law to withhold Personal Information, or not make the requested changes.
7. IDENTIFIERS AND ANONYMITY7.1. You acknowledge that Best Nannies retains, collects and maintains your Personal Information for statistical analysis purposes (whether for commercial or non-commercial purposes). You agree that Best Nannies may share, distribute and/or transfer information which you have provided to Best Nannies to third parties, after that information has been de-identified.
7.2. In order to facilitate the process of connecting Families to potential Nannies, both parties are required to complete an online profile which will be displayed on the Website. The shared information provided is held separately from your person and contact information, and only this shared information shall be displayed on the Website.
8. SENSITIVE INFORMATION8.1. Sensitive information is defined in the Privacy Act to include information or opinion about such things as an individual's racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, membership of a political association, religious or philosophical beliefs, membership of a trade union or other professional body, criminal record or health information.
8.2. Sensitive information will be used by Best Nannies only:
(a) for the primary purpose for which it was obtained;
(b) for a secondary purpose that is directly related to the primary purpose;
(c) with your consent; or
(d) where required or authorised by law.
9. BILLING INFORMATION9.1. When registering for a Family account, you will be asked to provide billing information such as your credit card details. The server that your credit card details are collected on uses encryption technology to protect the information while in transit, via the internet, to either PayPal.com.au or Eway.com.au.
9.2. Billing information is not known to Best Nannies and is not stored in our database.
10.2. A complaint should identify whether it is about:
(a) the collection of Personal Information;
(b) the use of Personal Information;
(c) the disclosure of Personal Information;
(d) the security or storage of Personal Information;
(e) the accuracy of Personal Information;
(f) a refusal to give access to or provide information about their Personal Information; or
(g) a refusal to change or delete Personal Information.
10.3. Best Nannies values your opinions and takes complaints very seriously. Upon receiving written notice of your complaint about privacy, Best Nannies will respond quickly to advise you of the outcome following its enquiring into the same. You will also be invited to respond to its outcome. If a response is received, Best Nannies will assess it and advise if it has changed its view or outcome. If you are unsatisfied with the final outcome, Best Nannies will advise further options including, if appropriate, making a complaint with the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
11. MISCELLANEOUS11.1. No partnership or agency
11.3. Governing Law & Jurisdiction